Latest updated details about eToro
Reviewed broker: eToro Social Trading Network
Established in 2007
Regulation: eToro’s brokering services are provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., a registered Cypriot Investment Firm (CIF). The company’s registration number is HE20058. eToro Europe is regulated by the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) under license number 109/10. In the UK, eToro UK (company registration number 7973792) is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), under firm reference number 583263. eToro (Europe) Ltd. and eToro (UK) Ltd. both operate under and comply with the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID).
USA Traders: allowed at eToro USA
eToro Review : Account Types and Trading Conditions
Trade & Invest in top cryptocurrencies, ETFs and thousands of stocks. Trade currency pairs, Indices and Commodities via CFDs. Investing in the financial markets has never been easier.
Minimum deposit requirement: $200
Payment methods: credit cards, Paypal, Skrill, Neteller, unionpay china, webmoney, yandex, Bitcoin
Maximum leverage: 1:30; 1:1 for Crypto Currencies
Mini account: no
Spreads start from 2 pips
Demo account: yes (fueled with $100,000 USD of virtual money)
Segregated account for client funds: yes
Islamic swap-free accounts: yes
Social trading: yes
Spread types: variable
Stop loss/ limit orders: yes
Automated trading: yes
eToro Review : Payment Options
Trade with confidence on the world's leading social trading network
Join millions who've already discovered smarter investing by automatically copying the leading traders in our community, or get copied yourself to earn a second income. Connect with other traders, discuss trading strategies, and use our patented CopyTrader™ technology to automatically copy their trading portfolio performance.
eToro Review : Platform, Social Trading
eToro is the world’s leading social trading platform, trusted by millions of users from more than 140 countries. The eToro platform and app offer a variety of financial assets in which to trade and invest.
eToro offers 2,000+ financial instruments across various classes, such as stocks, crypto and more.
eToro’s aims to open up markets to everyone, with an easy-to-use, intuitive interface. To help clients better manage their finances, it developed innovative trading features:
Upon opening an account with eToro, each user receives a free $100,000 demo account. Using their account, eToro clients can build a virtual portfolio to practice and experiment with.
Gain insights from leading analysts in one place, as the Research Tab aggregates the cumulative knowledge of investors and experts from some of the world’s leading financial institutions.
Operating under the realisation that many of its clients often repeat their trading habits, opening the same positions for the same instruments at different times, eToro introduced this feature. One-Click Trading enables clients to open a new position, using ready-made parameters, with a single click.
To help clients better manage their positions, protect their investments and secure their profits, eToro enables them to set predetermined price points for closing an open position. Stop Loss closes the position if it reaches a certain loss, while Take Profit offers the same feature for securing profits at a predetermined price point.
This feature is an expansion of the Stop Loss feature, enabling clients to keep a position open, as long as the markets are moving in the direction that benefits their trade.
A professional-grade technical analysis tool, ProCharts enables you to compare charts from different financial instruments and/or different time frames.
Since trading is often a 24/7 business, eToro allows specific trading and investing orders to be placed, even if the platform is down for maintenance.
Since 2010, eToro has placed a growing focus on social trading, harnessing the wisdom of the crowd for the benefit of its clients. One of eToro’s key differentiators is the fact that it created a community of traders and investors, in contrast to the often solitary feeling of trading online. eToro is a bustling online social network of traders who interact, discuss ideas and share their trading decisions and strategies on the social news feed.
CopyTrader, enables traders to replicate other traders’ actions in real time. To encourage top traders to get copied, eToro created the Popular Investor program.
Another unique product offered by eToro is CopyPortfolios, which are ready-made, investment strategies, offering thematic investment, such as medical cannabis, driverless cars, and people-based portfolios.
Live feeds of trading activities: yes
Follow specific traders activity: allowed
Copy other traders: yes
eToro Review : Forex Learning Material and Latest Promotions
Educational material: tutorials, webinars, online videos, blog, market analysis
Customer support: email, phone, online chat are here to answer any question. The customer service team is available 24/5, so you’ll have professional assistance whenever you need it. Additionally, there is also exclusive trader programs and frequent financial news updates.
Innovations from eToro
Since 2007, eToro has been at the forefront of the fintech revolution:
- 2007 – The launch of the eToro platform: Disrupting the traditional world of investment by making it available online to anyone around the world.
- 2009 – WebTrader: An intuitive trading platform with professional tools for both beginner and advanced traders.
- 2011 – OpenBook: The world’s first social trading platform. Enabling anyone to join the fintech revolution by copying other successful traders. The platform attracted global attention, winning Best of Show 2011 at Finovate Europe.
- 2012 – Introducing stocks: Alongside commodities, currencies and other assets on eToro, a wide selection of stocks were added, enabling traders to diversify their portfolios even further and invest in the global stock market.
- 2013 – Mobile app: Every feature on the eToro platform made available to clients everywhere they go, through their Apple or Android smartphones and tablets.
- 2015 – The new eToro: Integrating both online trading and social trading into one intuitive and innovative interface.
- 2016 – Introducing CopyFunds: A brand new long-term thematic investment product. CopyFunds are managed portfolios that bundle top traders or various assets under a predetermined strategy. CopyFunds are driven by powerful machine-learning engines which aim to generate a maximum return at any given time.
- 2017 – CopyFunds powered by Machine learning AI: Further developing CopyFunds, eToro integrated Microsoft’s machine learning technology into the MomentumDD The new CopyFund uses artificial intelligence to find the steadiest traders who are most likely to generate a double-digit return and bundle them into one fully managed portfolio.
- 2018 - US cryptocurrency trading platform. eToro begins Phase 1 of servicing the US market. Bringing US clients our unique offering in cryptocurrencies is only the beginning! Stay tuned for more to come…
How was the rating of eToro performed compared to other brokers?
This 2021 Forex Broker Review has been conducted though thorough research and assessment of rating and ranking among almost 300 international forex brokers. The final grade is given based on eToro FX broker performance and features.
Overall our online eToro review was conducted with the details obtained from the demo trading and the forex brokers website. If you would like to add details to this online broker eToro or you find inaccurate details eToro broker review please get in touch with us and the changes will be applied.
Disclaimer: eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results.
Cryptoassets are volatile instruments which can fluctuate widely in a very short timeframe and therefore are not appropriate for all investors. Other than via CFDs, trading cryptoassets is unregulated and therefore is not supervised by any EU regulatory framework.